Monday, July 11, 2005

zoom

The weather cleared Saturday late morning, we've been hanging around some and doing stuff, too, like going to the beach yesterday afternoon for a few perfect hours. My niece has taken a million pictures and so have I, but I have no ambition to upload anything at the moment.

The kids are fine but even with the drier weather my RA is kicking my butt, and I've got a minor case of the mumps. Just to be clear, not really the mumps, but my salivaries are swollen and painful. To me, my face looks weird, but then again it's my face and I'm used to it looking a certain way -- my mom says she can't tell. Between the creaky joints and the ouchy face I am not a happy camper. I'm taking generic Aleve religiously but it only lasts about 8 hours, and only takes the edge off, so to speak. Yesterday at the beach walking on the sand was an interesting experience, the first day I can remember that happening.

Man, this being old stuff sucks.

No comments: