Thursday, August 18, 2005

gratitude

A newly-trained helo pilot I know, a recent USAF Academy grad and fine writer, has just been posted to Iraq. I know her through an online community, and today she posted her "see ya on the flip side" notice.

I wished her Godspeed, and told her we'd keep her in our prayers. Work hard and keep safe.

And thank you.

*~*~*~*

I am so profoundly grateful to her, and to every single man and woman who is serving this country, in the military or as first responders. I can't imagine where we'd be without them. I don't want to imagine what life would be like for my children if the work that is happening now around the world wasn't happening. We are in the crucible now, but I believe that we can get through it -- as far as I can see, we don't really have a choice. It's change the world, or die, for surely the militant Islamo-fascists will not be content to let our existence continue.

Our way of life is worth fighting for. For my children and myself, I am now and always will be thankful for the people who continue to make our way of life possible. God bless them all.

No comments: