Wednesday, August 31, 2005

home work

Finally got around to cleaning today, and did an uncharacteristically thorough job -- even vaccuumed both upstairs and down,and the stairs themselves. It's something of a miracle that I'm still upright at this point, since changing linens on 4 beds, doing 2 loads of laundry, cleaning 3 bathrooms, and dusting and vaccuuming approximately 3000 square feet (I didn't do the guest room) really does require a lot of energy. I even hung up the new Diana Tyler watercolors we bought in Mystic at the Finer Line Gallery. Then after dinner (which I cooked, but a simple thing, really) I went out to Trader Joe's and did our grocery shopping because we were, once again, out of milk. I'm seriously contemplating getting 3 gallons at a time, since when I just get 2 we're always running out at an inconvenient time. Like today.

Early to bed today, with the hope that a good night's sleep will help my digestion settle down a bit. It is totally out of control, and to the point where I'll have to go see the g/e doc if it doesn't get better. It is difficult to accomplish much when you have to be within 30 seconds access to a bathroom most of the time. So I end up eating tiny amounts here and there during the day to try and mitigate the effects -- but if I eat a real meal I'm in for it. I'm sure there's something that can be done about it, but I'm not at all keen on getting on even more medication.

Well, at least the house looks terrific. We'll see how long that lasts.

No comments: