Friday, August 19, 2005

thyca update

Saw Dr. M this morning. My Tg is 1.4. Sigh. I was really hoping for undetectable.

My TSH was 0.07, which is fine, but I discussed with Dr. M that I take all my T4/T3 in the AM, and all the blood draws have been in the early AM, and so I'm wondering if my TSH is actually rising by the end of the day? Am I on a little cycle of suppressed-not suppressed as the T3 effectiveness falls off? We're doing a late afternoon blood draw to see what my TSH is then, and we'll see if I need to adjust my dosage or the times I need to take my meds.

Dr M also ordered a wide field ultrasound. She didn't feel any nodes today (quickly dismissing that one lump that has been bothering me as related to respiratory inflammation -- it is outside of the cervical chain.) However, she does want to get a look at the 3 nodes ("foci") that were identified in the follow-up scan I had in June.

After the fact, she concurs with the treatment decisions that were made in June. (Well, that's a relief.)

The ultrasound and new labs will be in a couple of weeks, so I can just try not to think about until then.

I was really hoping for an undetectable Tg, but it has been just over 2 months since the RAI, so it could fall still further. As usual, just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments: