Tuesday, September 27, 2005

easy seven

Today was, as DS2 says, "a Y day." I did seven laps, and could have easily done more but I didn't want to be late for yoga. It was good, but also kind of weird. I think this is week 4? Perhaps week 5. But still, it hasn't been all that long, and today I just felt like I could keep going. I'm not sure I really could, mind you, but at least I wasn't sucking air like I'd just been come in from deep space.

I think it helped that I alternated: freestyle, back stroke, breast stroke, back stroke, etc. Front, back, front, back.

I read up online and discovered a nifty bathing cap trick: wearing the lycra cap under the silicone (or, in my case today, latex) one to keep the hair dry without it being pulled every-which-way while you're putting the cap on. I tried it today and it mostly worked. I just have too much hair, and have to keep experimenting with ways to distribute it more evenly under the cap. Or I can just resign myself to the idea that the ponytail will get wet, and deal with it. Maybe 2 ponytails would work better.

If I can keep up with this, maybe that master swim team won't seem so impossible when I get back from Houston.

No comments: