Wednesday, November 16, 2005

happy happy happy

After what feels like two solid days of playing travel agent, I can finally say: We're going to Disneyland! (warning: audio) A couple of months ago I broached the subject of taking a trip over the holidays instead of giving the kids a million presents they don't need this year. DH was onboard with the idea, but we kind of let it drop while the Houston/surgery situation played out. Now all that is over and I'm recovering well, just in time to get off my butt and book us a trip!

Even at this late date (Christmas is less than 6 weeks away!), I was able to get us there during Christmas vacation. We were flexible with the timing, which opened up a few more options for us.

God bless the Internet. I can't imagine being able to do anything like this even ten years ago. I used GetAwayToday to book a hotel and park tickets package, but I did extensive hotel research at both TripAdvisor and Travelocity before making my final decision, the Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove. There wasn't a whole heck of a lot available at this point, but this place looks solid, is not too far from Disneyland, and they give you breakfast. When you're travelling with 5 people, "breakfast included" is a definite selling point -- not to mention the free parking.

Our neighbors went to Disneyland last year at Christmas and absolutely loved it. Ever since we went in April, leaving DH at home, I've been wanting to go back and share it all with him. I am so excited about this trip, I'm like a little kid myself! I know it will be crowded but we can deal with that, DH is much more disciplined than I am so he will keep us on track. Oh! This is going to be so much fun... I wonder if DH will let me drive to CA?

happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

1 comment:

nina said...

The only thing is, they'll keep begging to go back.

Kids...Your comment on Ocean brought me some special moments. Thank you.