Tuesday, December 13, 2005

second wind

Today I was in the car all day: DS2 to the doctor's this morning (he has strep), then to the pharmacy for his meds. Then up to Phoenix for my stroboscopy (I need voice therapy), then home -- where I got a message from DS1 that I had forgotten to pack his swimsuit in his bag, so he wasn't able to actually, you know, swim at practice today.

*sigh*

Slogged down to the Y to pick up DS1, back over to the school to get DD from aftercare, left them both at home with M, my most excellent friend and babysitter, who was trying to help DS2 not freak out so much about being sick.

Then drove to pick up DH at his office, then drove up to the Honda Service Center where we picked up the van (new engine mount installed, oil changed, new battery needed but everything else good to go to CA).

Then, finally -- home. (DH took the van over to Sears for the new battery, we still had warranty life left in the old one.)

Fed the kids, made soup, checked homework, wrote up the soup recipe. At that point, I should have collapsed, but I didn't. I did a huge chunk of our Christmas shopping.

This year, I'm either ordering stuff to be shipped directly, or I'm getting gift cards. I like to send things that 1) everyone can use and 2) get eaten, drunk, or otherwise used up. So, Sweet Energy is a really great place to order from; I've been sending gifts from these folks for over 20 years and have never heard a negative comment.

For the kids? Some great games (I love these games!), or some new cuddly friends... or a Border's gift card for the ones who would be insulted by either.

It's a relief to start checking some people off that long, long list I'm keeping.

No comments: