Thursday, December 08, 2005

what next?

The dryer is acting up, I'm staring at a huge medical bill, and I'm smack in the middle of two rather pricey processes: Christmas shopping and physical therapy.

So why is it that the CD player in the van chooses now to start acting up? You know it's not good when 1) it makes a crunchy noise when you switch from radio to CD and 2) it repeatedly flashes "CD EJECT" but nothing happens when you press the EJECT button.

More investigation is in order, of course. I have no idea whether or not it's under warranty; I'm going to have to root around in my files and find the receipt and paperwork that came with the unit. It's about 2 and a half years old, and it's not like it's abused or anything -- although sitting in a car in Phoenix in a garage that easily averages over 120 degrees during the day in the summer probably qualifies as abuse.

If I had known it wasn't even going to last 3 years, I would've bought a cheaper model...

I so do not want to deal with this -- but I also don't want to drive to CA with no tunes, so I guess I'm going to have to. *sigh*

No comments: