Monday, January 23, 2006

depleted

I admit, going through everything here and pulling out posts to include in the "Cancer, Health, Medicine" index has sucked the wind right out of my sails.

You know, when you're in the middle of something, you're only directly experiencing the part you're in. You can conveniently forget the past (more or less) and try as much as possible to remain blithely unaware of the future. That way it seems as if the path you're on may be a bit treacherous that day, but you don't perceive it as having been fraught with peril from, say, the very day you set out.

So when you finally turn around and look back at everything you've been through, it can really throw you for a loop.

I want to be done with all that and get on with cooking, writing, and being with my family. I'm on hold for a little while more -- just about a month -- and then we'll see.

No comments: