Tuesday, March 28, 2006

ick, day 2

So today I'm better than yesterday, but not all that much. I relied today on meds to ameliorate the worst symptoms so I could function minimally. We all survived. (In other words, I did breakfasts and lunches, and put together a dinner of leftover steak for them and poached eggs for me. That was hours ago and my stomach is still complaining about it.)

I saw the PA at my doctor's office this morning at 10:45. She was appalled at how bad my post-nasal drip was, and declared I have a raging sinus infection. I'm now on Zithromax and Mucinex. Yesterday's fever hasn't returned, for which I'm grateful.

I really detest being sick like this. For the past few years, since I've been on the major-surgery-every-six-months rotation, I haven't been getting these incidental illnesses. I thought having cancer perversely granted me a "get out of being sick" card.

So much for that idea.

I hope I feel better tomorrow. I can only hang around in sweats so long before I get annoyed at myself. (Why, yes, as a matter of fact, I have given up caring how I look. If you felt the way I do, you, too, would be grateful to be upright without puking...)

1 comment:

nina said...

Getting incidental viruses greatly diminishes when the kiddies leave home. The ONE benefit of their departure.