Sunday, March 26, 2006

rough week

I'm not exactly sure where this week went. Mostly it was consumed in writing up the catalog for DS2's school's silent auction, and in being worried about friends and family members, and family members of friends, who are going through all kinds of medical misfortunes.

Today, I'm brought low by a bad stomach, and as usual I have no idea what's going on. Did I pick up a bug somewhere? No one else in the house is sick. Is this a side effect of my new arthritis medication? I need to look that up. Is this just a reaction to the persistent post-nasal drip I've been dealing with since the onset of the sinus junk last week? Or maybe it's just because I've been staying up too late and am thoroughly run-down.

I talked to my bro in PA and he's recovering from an ear infection so bad it burst his ear drum. He said that his business started with sinus junk, too, so tomorrow I'm going off to the doctor to make sure it's not an infection.

On the upside, DS1 finished both his book report and his ecosystem diorama; both were due Friday, but involved way too much work to leave them for after school finishing. Neither one of these projects were things he could easily do on his own, so it's a relief to me that he's finished.
New England Coastal Forest