Tuesday, February 06, 2007

big day tomorrow

Two appointments.

The first is the "multidisciplinary team evaluation results" (or somesuch gobbledygook) discussion of DS1's recent psych/developmental tests at school. If they say anything other than "He's a boy, he'll grow out of it," I'll be 1) amazed and 2) annoyed. Most likely. I keep brushing that chip off my shoulder but somehow it keeps resurfacing there. We'll see how that goes.

Directly after that, I motor on up to Scottsdale to meet my new endocrinologist. She will be following my thyroid cancer for me locally, so I don't have to fly to Houston to get an ultrasound and some bloodwork done. This meeting, I'm nervous about. What tests will she order, and when? What will the results be? Things have been feeling more "lumpy" than usual, and I have been having problems swallowing, but I did just have strep throat and I do still have the remnants of a cold. Nothing to worry about, right?

Over the next few weeks, I have DS2's birthday and the Arizona Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Worskhop; in all honesty I'm still not recovered yet from DS1's birthday/sleepover (a couple of weeks ago) and his Confirmation (this past Saturday). I have a sense of lurching from one event to the next, scrambling each time to put everything together properly. So far, so good... the problem is in keeping it up.

1 comment:

J Willard Papercollector said...

oh i forgot to say... we loved the Depahted...