Monday, January 21, 2008

fog has lifted

The PA at my endocrinologist's office listened patiently to my long spiel about the gastroparesis and other hypo symptoms, remarked that I'm technically hyperthyroid, and then said it would be OK for me to increase my Cytomel by 2.5mcg/day.

I don't care if it's just placebo effect, but I'm feeling much better.

My sleeping is a little screwed up, but I don't really care, I'm feeling that much better. I woke up without feeling as if I had been hit by a truck for the first time in long memory. That was great. Also, when I wake up, I'm awake, not wandering around in a daze for an hour.

My limbs still feel leaden from time to time, but overall, it's just so much better I can't even believe it. So far no palpitations or other weirdness, although I did have a few seconds of eye-twitch Friday evening, something I'd not had in a long time, but haven't noticed since.

Inspired by this improvement, or perhaps just insane, I've gone back on the Prilosec because it really does the best job at acid control. So far I'm not having side effects from it, but we'll see if they occur over time. It may just be that I have to take a break for a few days every so often. I can handle that.

I'm hoping that this meds increase straightens me out, or at least gets me back to where I was at this time last year. Cautious optimism it is. Now I have enough energy to invest in hope.

1 comment:

Sissy Willis said...

So glad to hear it. Your sunshine feels warm against my cheek. :-)