Friday, February 15, 2008

well, that wasn't supposed to happen

So I've been working with the 4-year-olds since the middle of last week, and we've settled into a good routine. Today another woman came in to observe the class, to see if she'd like to take the aide position permanently.

I'm surprised by my reaction, which was mostly negative, but not negative enough for me to step up and say, "OK, give me the job for the rest of the year." I still don't know if I want that! Oy.

I love the little ones. They are so very tiny and just figuring out the world, they are infinitely curious, and I love that about them. I can see why there are so many pre-school teachers out there (at the teacher certification orientation I attended this week, that's one of the things I learned).

Well, we'll see how it goes. I'll be back in there subbing for the teacher the last week of the month, and that should be a blast. Whether or not I'm in there on other days, just depends on how things go with the other aide.

No comments: