Wednesday, June 04, 2008

here, again

It was a long day, but really the best trip ever with the kids. They did their thing, I did mine, it was almost relaxing.

Finally got them into bed about an hour or so ago -- we're all too wound up to relax properly. They love this time of year. Me, I would love it more if I had been able to wrap up my classes already. Ah, well.

I brought way too much stuff but the weather is iffy here this time of year, and since we're here for so long, I'd rather have more than less, and I don't want to be doing laundry every three days, either. I brought a bunch of books, mostly for school, but also some of the ever-growing stack of books I want to read -- but those, I'll ship home at the end of the trip when I don't need them anymore. No way am I lugging them back on the plane. The idea is to read real books and not spend so much time attached to the computer. I think it's a good one.

No comments: