Monday, June 02, 2008

semi-annual event

When you have three children, you have to schedule regular purges, times when you go through all the books/dvds/video games/board games/toys/clothes/shoes/papers and get rid of everything.

OK, not everything, just a lot. I appreciate that as the children get older, they stop acquiring things at the same frantic pace, stepping down to a slightly more manageable rate of accumulation. Even so, it took me over an hour to go through all their school work and dispose of about 98% of it. I do love the feeling of lightness, afterwards.

Meanwhile, we have a stack of books, video games, and toys to go to the various entertainment exchange places. We'll do that tomorrow.

In other news, I knocked out my two EdPsych lessons and thus have just the midterm to deal with before Wednesday. I have to complete my study guide but overall I think I will do OK on this one, it all seems like so much common sense to me. I have to watch feeling complacent, because I could easily mix up the names of important theorists or skip something in describing developmental stages or similar multi-part theories.

Une petite crise: I had borrowed the DVD for Learning & the Brain from another teacher, and returned the wrong disc to her! So she has my Classroom Management dvd, and I still have the L&tB disc. There will be some frantic phone calls made around that, starting tomorrow. Oddly, I'm not panicked about it... yet. Things are falling into place fairly well for Wednesday's departure.

No comments: