Sunday, June 29, 2008

where'd that time go?

I'm halfway through my last Learning & the Brain assignment, and have two to go in Educational Psychology. Of course, the two finals are still pending, and DH flies in this Friday. This week is going to be busy.

Last week was, too. The weather has been not-beach-day, but not impossible. I worked most days on various things but we went swimming just about every day. Saturday (just yesterday? Yes --) was a beach day, and I went with the kids for about 3 hours in the afternoon. But the rest of the week was consumed by landscaping: shopping for plants one day, digging up everything (OK, not the azaleas) and then planting on the next, and finally, mulching the last. The kids helped plant and mulch, rather unwillingly and for less than an hour each day, but hey, it was something.

Me? The digging/planting day started at 8:30AM and ended after 4:30PM (and I still took the kids to the beach for a swim in the humid, cloudy evening) -- my legs still feel like I caught two nine-inning games, but at least my hands have recovered. (I don't have any gloves here. Of course I could've got some, but I didn't want to deal with it at the time.)

On top of all that, I haven't been sleeping very well, which I suspect is because of the humidity. Unfortunately, there's no end in sight for this ridiculous weather, wherein we have about 5 minutes of blue sky a day, and then it threatens rain for the rest of it. We had some sun in the early afternoon today, and I wanted to go to the beach, I knew it wouldn't be for long because of the storms pressing in -- but the boys didn't want to go! "We went yesterday," DS1 declared. Yes, I replied, but God only knows when we'll get to go again!

We didn't go. I napped on the couch, making up some of my sleep deficit.

I refuse to feel guilty for letting the kids do nothing today. We've been making lots of memories this summer, one down day is not a vacation-killer.

Jump!

No comments: