Tuesday, March 24, 2009

for Nina

Riotous spring, Sonoran desert style


Ocean colors -- or should I say Ocean's author's favorite colors -- at the Desert Botanical Garden. This picture was one among dozens I snapped today, of Chihuly glasswork, butterflies, and children. It is impossible for me to see bright blue and yellow together and not think, "Nina's colors!"

Unlike me, Nina keeps mum about anything that belies her claim to sturdy Polish peasant stock. (My own Polish peasant stock is apparently locked in full-time battle with my Scots-Irish potato-famine-weakened stock). Regardless: today is a good day to send her digital flowers and good thoughts.

1 comment:

nina said...

Beautiful! And thank you! I have strong Polish peasant stock, it's just the juices flowing through that need a little extra prod now and then! :)