Saturday, June 02, 2012

coasting, now

School is out!  Thursday was my last day with students, and it drifted by with endless streams of students in my bare classroom, come to have watermelon and listen to music and hang out.  Friday I spent less than two hours finishing up, packing my desk and labeling my furniture -- and then spent another couple of hours wrestling with slow computers and OpenOffice, running some simple analysis of my students' AIMS scores.  (Short answer: better than last year [yay!] and reasonably well correlated to my benchmark test [yay!].)

It took a while for it to really sink in, but by yesterday evening I was practically giddy.

Today? Planning this last week at home, cramming as many home cleanup and improvement projects as possible into these few shorts days, working around the already-scheduled appointments. 

Monday I'm going for the CA-125 blood test, which is screening for ovarian cancer.  It's not definitive in and of itself, but it will provide some information as to what's going on with me.  I've already scheduled a follow-up ultrasound on that cyst for July, and I will do my best not to think about it until then.

No comments: