Wednesday, July 03, 2013

not a beach day

We went anyway.

At home, it was close to 80 degrees with fluffy clouds on a blue sky.  But it was a mostly cloudy, only occasionally sunny kind of day. 



At the beach, the sky was white, and the wind was whipping.  It was almost too cold.  The boys and I headed right in, DD took some convincing.

The water was much warmer than I expected it to be.  The waves were huge.  I remember going to this same beach as a kid with my mother and her sister, and various siblings and cousins.  The waves were so big that every time my aunt tried to get out of the water, they kept knocking her down.  She was laughing so hard she couldn't get out of the water. 

I'm thinking that I'm older now than my aunt was, then. But I was laughing hard, too, every time a wave caught me off guard, which happened more often than usual today.  They were very big and very fast and very frequent.


As usual, DS1 was the first in and the last out.  DS2's lips were blue when he got out -- I gave up before I reached that point.  

Two trips to the beach in 21 days?  Not a great start, but we've still got some time here.

1 comment:

nina said...

Joan -- what you said, on Ocean!
xoNina