Thursday, March 27, 2014

forget it, for now

Insurance company denied the appeal.  Endo decided, OK, we'll settle for an MRI.  The MRI was also denied.  Whatever.  I am not apathetic to this situation but realize I have zero power so I'm not going to spin my wheels about it.

Plans are made for the summer, and I've found a master's degree program that I like, so I'll be looking into that, to start in the fall.  I'm looking forward to taking the summer off, well and truly.

Next year's school year will be busy, as my team has all agreed to take on another class (7 classes each! no prep hour!).  We'll get more pay and supposedly more help in the way of aides, but we'll see how that actually shakes out.   I'm looking forward to just having to update lesson plans and materials rather than creating them from scratch.  It means I'll get my weekends back  -- so of course, I'm going to use them going back to school myself.  I should be able to manage one class at a time without feeling overwhelmed.

(Later) I decided it wouldn't hurt to send an email to my doctors at MD Anderson and see if they wouldn't mind documenting that I don't need whole body scans anymore. They could refuse, and it would not harm my situation, but if they come through with documentation, that will help me to appeal MedSolutions' stupid decisions.

The MDA website has all my medical records from my visits there.  It's funny what I remember and what I did not -- for example, I don't remember my Tg being over 5 when I was there in August of 2006, and the endo there telling me it could be micro-metastatic disease.  My Tg dropped like a rock over the following months until it finally became undetectable, until it became detectable again. I remember so clearly Dr. C saying he got it all.... clearly, we remember only what we want to remember, even if we think we're remembering everything.

1 comment:

nina said...

I admire your ambition and drive! Is there a professional goal associated with the degree?
Summer is around the corner. Really.