Wednesday, April 23, 2014

it's all about the texture

Had a meeting this evening at school, then piano lessons, so finally home at 8:30PM and starving, since my protein style In-n-Out burger was consumed at about 5:15PM.  The kids had bought themselves some frozen yogurt which put me in the mood for something frozen, but not dairy.  Today was a little better on the arthritis front, but my rings still wouldn't go on, so I have to stick to clean eating.

So:  1 frozen banana (peeled), 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, and a good shot of chocolate syrup in the  small food processor yielded the most awesome chocolate peanut butter banana "ice cream" ever.  Tasted awesome, perfect mouth feel, like very rich soft serve or frozen custard. 

Have to remember to keep a supply of frozen bananas on hand, now.  I wonder if I make a bigger batch and freeze it, will it maintain that delightful texture?  That might be dangerous.  If I have more around, I'll end up eating more, and even though there's nothing inherently bad there (OK, there's some sugar in the chocolate syrup, but I didn't use that much), I still can't go eating hundreds of calories of frosty treats every night without there being consequences.


No comments: