Monday, January 19, 2015

whoops

OK, so the CT went mostly as expected.  That node is cancer and calcified, and it's snuggled between two major blood vessels and tucked under my collar bone. Fortunately, it's operable if we ever decide it needs to come out.  But for now we'll just keep an eye on it, with CT scans every 6 months.

Now, to the incidental finding: I have a nodule on my pituitary gland.  Fortunately, research says that nearly all pituitary nodules are benign, but they can cause all sorts of other problems.  I'm asymptomatic as far as I can tell, but I'll be going for blood work and will probably be going for an MRI to get a better look at it.

So after six hours at the hospital today, I spent about another 2 hours on the phone making all the other appointments -- eyes, mammo, annuals -- that should have been made over break except I allowed myself to not think about it.   I find myself back in that thoroughly medicalized life on top of full time teaching, two graduate classes, and my first priority, my family. 

I'm so very weary of having things wrong with me.  One of those appointments was for the raging sinus infection that's bothering me again, even though I was on Levaquin over Christmas.

No comments: