Wednesday, October 07, 2015

all clear & paradoxically feeling worse

My two CT scans (chest, and head & neck) were unremarkable.  That is to say, the same exact anomalies seen last year are still present in the same places but they are exactly the same size so there's nothing to worry about, cancer-wise.  At least until my thyroglobulin numbers come back in from California, which won't be until the end of the month.  Anyway, I have a clean bill of health and the doctor reminded me to take the endomethacin he prescribed for the inflammation I have in my collar bone joints.  I can't remember whether I took it before and if I did, what happened, but I'll give it a shot.  Inflammation of a basically immobile joint is not the type of thing that responds well to physical therapy.

Now that's over with, and on the eve of heading back East for Mom's funeral services, I'm feeling entirely overwhelmed.  I've been pushing everything off for days and now I don't have anything more pressing to think about.

In other news, I was hit in the eye by a water-filled balloon (not a "regular" water balloon of the type that breaks if you look at it wrong) last Wednesday, and my eye has been killing me ever since.  I went to the eye doctor yesterday and she basically said that the generic eye drops I was using were useless and gave me some Systane, which is helping a lot, but she said it's going to be sore for a while even though there is no sign of anything seriously wrong.  It's just traumatized.

I felt pretty good about being caught up on my schoolwork, but then realized I'd skipped a chapter and a written assignment for tonight's class, but that's probably OK because I did present my literature review work-in-progress which everyone was impressed with.  Eh.  If I weren't going through so much right now I'd have more done and feel better about it, but I can't change the way things are.  I'm just so swamped now -- lots of reading for next week, plus I still have to read my students' research paragraphs... and there's no time.

No comments: